If you’re anything like us, you have a bathroom full of Aveda beauty products. And why not? Aveda is an industry leader in connecting beauty, environment and well-being. But your Aveda products have more than one use. Von Kekel stylists share six secret ways to put your products to work!
1) Use Black Malva Shampoo on light BLONDE hair once a week to achieve an icy blonde. Does it sound crazy? Yes! Black Malva Shampoo adds cool tones to DARK shades of hair. But it works! The Black Malva Shampoo, like all of the color depositing Aveda shampoos, deposits less color compared to the Aveda color depositing conditioners, so a light blonde can use the Black Malva Shampoo once a week to get that icy blonde without turning blonde hair an unwanted shade green. Pair this with the Blue Malva Conditioner!
2) Rosemary Mint Shampoo can be used once a week as a clarifying shampoo. Why do you want to use a clarifying shampoo, even when you are a color client and want to pamper and protect those precious locks? Buildup occurs naturally and from styling products, so clarifying your hair gives you a clean canvas.
3) In the summertime, put your Botanical Kinetics Toner in the fridge and spray it on your face in the morning, and use it anytime to refresh your makeup or if you feel hot and dry – it’s like a tall glass of water for your skin!
4) Spray Brilliant Spray-On Shine on a foundation brush and gently sweep it all over your finished makeup to impart a youthful glow.
5) Refresh second day hair and absorb excess oil with Pure Abundance Style Prep by spraying onto your hair, then finish with a quick blow dry!
6) While burning any Aveda candle, gently dip a finger into the hot wax and use it as a moisturizer for your hands and cuticles. It really works!